9050: A Jury's Perspective - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
PLEASE READ: Physicians are not eligible to receive premium credit for this course if they attended the 2018 live seminar, "A Jury's Perspective: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly".
All users must click the "Registration" tab above and follow the steps to provide your attestation before moving forward to purchase this online course.
It is almost certain that physicians and providers will be involved in a lawsuit at some point in their careers, which may tempt some to practice defensive medicine. As an alternative, this program offers protective practices derived from jury feedback. Presented by an experienced trial attorney discussing actual malpractice trials with a focus on jury science. Good and bad practices and behaviors of the entire healthcare team will be explored.
- Identify juror expectations regarding practitioners' practices and behaviors.
- Describe strategies to improve physician-patient relationships after an adverse outcome.
- Develop protective practices to reduce risk.
- Recognize how applying jury science can correlate to better patient care.
All participants: $75
10% Premium Credit for Physician Policyholders
2.0 CME Credits for Physicians
Certificate of Completion for Non-Physicians
Wendy L. Longmire, JD
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine (UTCOM) and SVMIC. The UTCOM is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation: The UTCOM designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP: This Enduring Material activity, A Jury's Perspective: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 2.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins 01/01/2019. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AOA: This program is eligible for two (2) credit hours in Category 2-B of the Continuing Medical Education Program of the American Osteopathic Association. Physicians will need to submit a letter of completion from the University of Tennessee directly to the AOA to receive CME credits.
ANCC: This continuing nursing education activity is pending approval from the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing Education for Non-Physicians: The UTCOM will issue Certificates of Completion to non-physicians for completing this activity and designates it for a maximum of .2 CEUs using the national standard that 1 hour of educational instruction is awarded .1 CEU.
This activity was reviewed on November 12, 2018. This activity was released on January 1, 2019 and will expire on December 31, 2020.
No commercial support was received for this activity. No speakers plan to discuss off-label use. No planners or speakers have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 2.00 AMA CME
- 2.00 Attendance
This topic was offered live in 2018. Those who attended the live seminar are not eligible to complete this course for premium credit or CME.
- Before you can purchase this course you must attest that you did not attend this live seminar in 2018.
- Please do so by clicking the link below the PREREQUISITES at the bottom of the page.
- Once you complete the required prerequisite, you will be automatically redirected to take this course.
- When you return, you will see an "Add to Cart" button that will allow you to continue forward.
- If you are unsure whether you attended the live seminar, "A Jury's Perspective: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly", in 2018 click here to submit an inquiry.
Required Hardware / Software
- Adobe Flash Player
- Use this link to determine your computer's Flash capabilities or to download if necessary: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html