8129: General OSHA Safety Training 2024 (includes HazCom)
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PREMIUM CREDIT
This course is intended for all employees and providers needing general OSHA safety training for the typical medical practice setting. Topics covered include:
- An overview of OSHA and the general duty clause
- A discussion of general safety standards and guidelines affecting medical practices including emergency actions plans, fire safety, workplace violence, ergonomics, and more.
- A discussion of the hazard communication standard
- And a look at reporting safety concerns and safety record retention and access
This session does not include the training requirements for OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogen Standard as that is covered in a separate module: OSHA Education for Medical Staff at Risk of Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens. Employees at risk (due to job tasks) of exposure to bloodborne pathogens are required to be trained (must meet the 14 training elements of OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogen Standard) prior to risk of exposure and at least annually thereafter.
All medical staff and providers
- Summarize the purpose of OSHA and how it applies to medical practices;
- Recognize safety hazards associated with the attendee's medical practice; and
- Implement appropriate safety measures to eliminate or minimize safety risks.
- 1.00 Attendance